The WAO Council of Administration has 26 members, 14 of whom are elected as the Executive Committee. The Council is elected for
4 years, with the election of the president-elect after two years into the term. Regular meetings are held by electronic means,
or by combined face-to-face and electronic means.
We strive to have members from the 7 geographic regions in the World, namely : Africa, East Asia, Europe, North Americas,
South Americas, Oceania, and West Asia.
For safety and privacy reasons we only use one email address. If you’d like to contact any member,
feel welcome to send an email to the Hon Secretary at email@example.com
with the name of the person and their country in the subject line and we will forward your email.
Jill Stacey – South Africa
Immediate Past President
- Jill is the mother of Michael, a man with Classic Autism.
- She was National Director of Autism South Africa for 16 years.
- She has represented Autism South Africa at several international conferences, as well as presenting to varying professional groups as at a selection of conferences.
- In 2006, Jill with a team of staff and a professional congress organiser, arranged the hosting of the 2nd World Autism Organisation World Congress in Cape Town which was attended by just under 1000 delegates from 52 countries, sharing knowledge from over 130 speakers and just under 100 poster presenters.
Autism Related Achievements:
- 1993 – Chairman of Society for Children and Adults with Autism.
- 1996 – Awarded Paul Harris Fellowship by Rotary Club of Parktown.
- 1996 – Chairman of Autism South Africa.
- 1998 – First female Rotarian of the Rotary Club of Johannesburg North Central. (Member 1998 – 2003).
- 2001 – 2002. President of the Rotary Club of Johannesburg North Central.
- 2006 – Joint winner of The Hamlet Award for Services to people with disabilities.
- 2006 – 2008. Chairman Management Committee of the Children’s Memorial Institute. Johannesburg.
- 2002 – Elected onto the Council of Administration of the World Autism Organisation.
- 2005 – Elected onto the Executive Committee of the World Autism Organisation.
- 2010 – As a parent, presented at United Nations World Autism Awareness Day celebrations at their headquarters in New York.
- 2011 – 2014 Honorary General Secretary for World Autism Organisation.
- 2012 – 2014 President Elect World Autism Organisation.
- 2014 – 2018 President of the World Autism Organisation.